My favourite – shoes. I hate paying full price for shoes, probably because there is never a point in time when I actually NEED shoes. So when I wait for a sale, its way easier to justify another pair.
So I have scoured the internet, literally I spent hours, looking for the cutest styles at the best prices to share. Most are close to 50% off. How can you say no? It has taken alot of willpower to not fill my own shopping carts. Well except for three pairs.
So here they are – some of my favourite pairs – ALL on sale.
And to shop more summer sale round ups, click here for dresses and here for jackets.
- Gingham Strappy Sandal. DSW | $30 | You can’t beat this price. This would be the perfect shoe to lighten up a little black dress.
- Cap Toe Ivory Pumps. Town Shoes | $130 |These are a little more of a splurge but they are classic and can be worn year round. LOVE these. I have an identical pair from Zara and I wear them with everything – skinny black pants, distressed denim, leather shorts. And the low block heel makes them super comfortable.
- Rebecca Minkoff Studded Slingback. Town Shoes | $115 | These would be the perfect work shoe. Fashionable, classic and comfortable.
- Vince Camuto Studded Leather Pumps. The Bay | $150 | Love the ankle detail on these.
- Sam Edelman Black and White Striped Mules. The Bay | $90 | These would be a great shoe for an all black look. SOLD OUT. SORRY.
- Floral Embellished Pumps. Town Shoes | $77 | A stunning special occasion shoe. If I had seen these 10 years ago, they definitely would have been my wedding shoes. Beautiful detail.
- Grey Espadrille Wedge. DSW | $62 | These come in black, but the grey is so nice for Summer and would work into Fall.
- Vince Camuto Strappy Multi Colour Sandals. The Bay | $117 | Also great for a special occasion, love the colours and tassel ties.
- Calvin Klein Nude Embellished Mules. The Bay | $105 | A great neutral shoe for summer. Perfect for the office.
- Floral Pumps. Aldo | $35 | I had to get these. They are such a cute substitute for a nude shoe because a light floral pattern like this goes with pretty much everything. They would look so good with stripes or a pair of girlfriends jeans.
- Sam Edelman Ankle Strap Sandals. Town Shoes | $103 | These come in black too but the pink…….love the pink. The different shades of pink work so well together.
- Rebecca Minkoff Gold Bow Mules. Town Shoes | $100 | Metallic is another great neutral, these are so easy to dress up or down.
- 1 State Black Leather Wedge Mules. Town Shoes | $90 | The shape of these shoes is so classic yet so so right now.
- Nude Studded Loafers. Aldo | $37 | Wardrobe stable – classic loafers.
- Rosegold Slides. Aldo| $20 | Beach shoes.
- Karl Lagerfeld Metallic Ruffle Mules. The Bay | $63 | I ordered these too, I had been eyeing them for a few months so I think it was meant to be…..
- 1 State Studded White Loafers. Town Shoes | $95 | I love a white shoe, this loafer would be great with an all black work outfit and also with distressed denim for a more casual look.
- Sam Edelman Studded Leather Slides. The Bay | $87 | The perfect weekend shoe to wear with you denim cut offs and would look cute with a maxi dress.
- Lucky Brand Camo Mules. Nordstrom | $65 | I love all things camo. I just do.
- Blue Gingham Double Bow Slides. The Bay | $60 ” The blue gingham pattern is so cute on these. And the bows. So feminine. Love.
Next up in the summer sale round up is jackets. I love waiting for jackets to come on sale because they are typically a more expensive item. And who doesn’t love a deal. Most of these jackets are close to 50% off. And while they may not be a go to for these hot summer days, thee jackets will be perfect for Fall layers (yes I went there, sorry) and also great for those chilly AC office environments.
And if you are looking for dresses, be sure to check out the summer dress sales here.
1. Linen Coat With Shoulder Detail. Zara | $60 | This one is over 50% off.
2. Textured Pink Long Blazer. Zara | $60 | Also over 50% off. This is so cute for the office. It would look great with a pair of red pants. Or denim if you want a more casual look. I am not usually very into pink, but I love a pink jacket.
3. Belted Checked Coat. TopShop at The Bay | $96 | I love how the print brings structure to this jacket but the belt tie keeps it casual and flowy.
4. Textured Checked Trench. TopShop at The Bay | $96
5. Green Duster Jacket. TopShop at Nordstrom | $76 | I have to have this. This is an amazing colour. Its so classic. I think the Queen wears a coat this colour, just saying.
6. Yellow Oversized Blazer. Zara | $60 | This colour makes me happy.
7. Sidestripe Trench. TopShop at The Bay | $81 | This modern take on the trench coat has great side stripe detail on the sleeves. SOLD OUT. SORRY.
8. Blush Asymmetric Oversized Blazer. TopShop at The Bay | $66 | You can’t go wrong with blush, it goes with pretty much everything.
9. Rust Oversized Blazer. Nordstrom | $60 | This is great colour too, sort of unexpected for blazer. And the fit on this is o perfect.
It’s spring and summer sale time ladies. There are so many beautiful pieces at great prices right now.
Over the next week I am going to round up all my fav sale pieces, including shoes, dresses, outerwear, accessories and more. Basically all the things I wish were in my closet, at prices that I would be willing to pay. But this girl only has so much closet space and a mat leave bank account. I am going to start with dresses but check back daily as I will publish something new each day. Or sign up for email below to be alerted when a new post is published.
1. Classic Black Chiffon Midi. Aritzia | $80
2. Black Linen Sundress. Nordstom | $97 | The bow detail on the back is so beautiful.
3. Black and White Striped Wrap Dress. The Bay | $104
4. Bell Sleeve Mini Dress. The Bay | $50 | This is a perfect Fall transitional piece. I ordered this one – hope it fits.
5. V Neck Ruffle Dress. The Bay | $34
6. Blush Ruffle Maxi. Urban Outfitters | $60
7. Blush Off The Shoulder Body Con. The Bay | $110
8. Pink and Red Midi Dress. Nordstrom | $69 | This is my absolute fav.
9. Red Strappy Dress. The Bay | $50
10. Tiered Floral Maxi. The Bay | $66
11. White Ruffle Midi Sundress. Nordstrom | $65
12. Button Front Sundress. Nordstrom | $82
13. Yellow Lace Off The Shoulder Midi. Nordstrom | $75
14. Yellow Tie Front Jumper. Urban Outfitters | $40 | This also comes in navy but I am loving the yellow.
15. Yellow City Print Ruffle Mini. The Bay |$35 | Love the print om this, this one is on its way into my closet as well.
Ladies, this is it. It only happens a few times a year – the Zara mid-season sale. Starting June 14 at midnight.
I have rounded up some of my favs below. I like to get my shopping cart filled before the sale starts so that I can just check out at midnight. Because its midnight and I am tired, but also things sell out so fast. Like in minutes.
BTW – if this is your plan, the site usually shuts down a couple hours prior to the sale, maybe 10PM.
1. Gingham Blouse With Ruffles
2. Floral Long Sleeve Tee
3. Cropped Relax Fit jeans
4. Checked Dress With Knot Detail
5. Blue Frilled Top
6. Eyelet Blouse With Ruffle Sleeves
7. Red Striped Top With Embroidery
8. Striped Top With Tassels
9. Eyelet Blouse With Pom Poms
As much as I like spending time in my closet picking out the perfect shoe for my outfit, sometimes, I mean most of the time, its just not realistic. So I like to have a ‘goes with everything’ pair of shoes at my front door that I can throw on when I am in a rush. For me the ‘goes with everything’ summer shoe is a nude strappy sandal. It works with shorts, denim dresses and its nude so its goes with pretty much any colour. And I love nude because it also elongates your legs, especially when you are midi skirts.
Here’s a round up of my favourite ‘goes with everything’ summer sandal.
Continue reading “The ‘Goes With Everything’ Sandal”
Bay Days!!! So many Summer Sandals are 50% off at The Bay TODAY ONLY. I went through all the sale pieces and picked my favs below.
1. Anne Klein Double Bow Slides. These are in my shopping cart. Love the print. They come in black too if you are looking for something a little more neutral. Sale Price $50.
Continue reading “Bay Days Round Up: Sumer Sandals 50% Off”
The easiest piece to wear this summer is definitely the over-sized maxi. It’s light and breezy for those hot summer days. Super comfortable. Cute. Totally effortless – one piece and you are done. And it you’ve eaten too much ice cream, its also forgiving.
With a bold over-sized dress like this, I like to keep the accessories simple. Nude strappy sandals would be my choice, like these ones. Click the images to shop.
Here are some of my favourite over-sized maxis, all of them around $50. Except for the last one which is only $19.99
Continue reading “Over-sized Maxi Dress: Summers’ Easiest Piece To Wear”
Don’t you just hate it when the pockets of your denim shorts hang out? Well here is an easy DIY solution – sew a piece of fabric to the outside of the pockets so at last they look pretty when they peak out.
What you’ll need
- Fabric, enough to cover two pockets: 0.25 metres would be plenty
- Needle/thread or sewing machine
Step One: Choose your fabric.
Continue reading “DIY: Pretty Pockets on Your Denim Shorts”
I love me some denim shorts. I wear them pretty much all summer. I probably have about 10 pairs……
That said, I decided I wanted to spice things up a little with my cut-offs and try a few DIYs. The first is really simple – adding a side stripe along the seam. You can do this with or without a sewing machine. I used a sewing machine because it is faster and nap time is only so long at my house.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pair of denim cut-offs
- 0.5-1 metres of trim
- sewing machine or needle/thread
- clear nail polish
Step One: Find the right pair of shorts. And select your trim.
Continue reading “Easy DIY: Denim Shorts with Side Stripe”
The easiest piece to wear in the summer is a dress – hands down. One piece and you’re done. But also, its HOT (not complaining) and there is nothing breezier than a loose fitting strappy dress.
Also, if you are looking for a little more coverage up top, layer a tee underneath. White is always a good option but grey would look cute with most of these as well. Something fitted but not too tight.
Here are some of my favourite strappy midi dresses for the hot summer months ahead.
1. Ruffled Eyelet White Midi. Zara.
This is probably not for every day errand running because while white is beautiful, it’s just not the most practical. But this would be beautiful for a date night. OR an afternoon party.
Continue reading “Summer Essential: The Strappy Midi (under $100)”