I have always loved the colour yellow. In fact, I looked for months to find my the perfect yellow dress for my school prom. I may even still have it – more than 20 years later. But yellow isn’t just for summer ladies, it’s actually a great colour to wear into Fall. Just add a pair of brown booties and a cardi.
Here are some of my fav yellow pieces right now. And I am sure in the coming months as stores stock up on Fall gear, I will have more yellow to share.
1. Wrap Midi Dress. Nordstrom. |This dress is such a beautiful shape and would be so flattering. It looks great with a nude pair of heels as pictured, but you could also add a little edge with black booties.
2. Square Toe Pumps with Block Heel. Zara | Such a classic shape with the square toe and block heel. And only $80.
3. Leather Slingbacks. Zara | I haven’t worn slingbacks since the eighties, but these feel so right.
4. Mules With Bow Detail. Zara | Cant beat a pair of shoes for less than $50. This mustard shade of yellow looks amazing with jeans.
5. Straight Cut Blazer. Zara. | I love this muted yellow to wear with denim. And this is less than $50.
6. TopShop Cropped Pants. Nordstrom. Only $50.
7. Off The Should Eyelet Dress. Zara | Add a jean jacket or a cozy cardi and a pair of booties (like these) and this dress will take you well into Fall.
Next up in the summer sale round up is jackets. I love waiting for jackets to come on sale because they are typically a more expensive item. And who doesn’t love a deal. Most of these jackets are close to 50% off. And while they may not be a go to for these hot summer days, thee jackets will be perfect for Fall layers (yes I went there, sorry) and also great for those chilly AC office environments.
And if you are looking for dresses, be sure to check out the summer dress sales here.
1. Linen Coat With Shoulder Detail. Zara | $60 | This one is over 50% off.
2. Textured Pink Long Blazer. Zara | $60 | Also over 50% off. This is so cute for the office. It would look great with a pair of red pants. Or denim if you want a more casual look. I am not usually very into pink, but I love a pink jacket.
3. Belted Checked Coat. TopShop at The Bay | $96 | I love how the print brings structure to this jacket but the belt tie keeps it casual and flowy.
4. Textured Checked Trench. TopShop at The Bay | $96
5. Green Duster Jacket. TopShop at Nordstrom | $76 | I have to have this. This is an amazing colour. Its so classic. I think the Queen wears a coat this colour, just saying.
6. Yellow Oversized Blazer. Zara | $60 | This colour makes me happy.
7. Sidestripe Trench. TopShop at The Bay | $81 | This modern take on the trench coat has great side stripe detail on the sleeves. SOLD OUT. SORRY.
8. Blush Asymmetric Oversized Blazer. TopShop at The Bay | $66 | You can’t go wrong with blush, it goes with pretty much everything.
9. Rust Oversized Blazer. Nordstrom | $60 | This is great colour too, sort of unexpected for blazer. And the fit on this is o perfect.
Ladies, this is it. It only happens a few times a year – the Zara mid-season sale. Starting June 14 at midnight.
I have rounded up some of my favs below. I like to get my shopping cart filled before the sale starts so that I can just check out at midnight. Because its midnight and I am tired, but also things sell out so fast. Like in minutes.
BTW – if this is your plan, the site usually shuts down a couple hours prior to the sale, maybe 10PM.
1. Gingham Blouse With Ruffles
2. Floral Long Sleeve Tee
3. Cropped Relax Fit jeans
4. Checked Dress With Knot Detail
5. Blue Frilled Top
6. Eyelet Blouse With Ruffle Sleeves
7. Red Striped Top With Embroidery
8. Striped Top With Tassels
9. Eyelet Blouse With Pom Poms
The easiest piece to wear in the summer is a dress – hands down. One piece and you’re done. But also, its HOT (not complaining) and there is nothing breezier than a loose fitting strappy dress.
Also, if you are looking for a little more coverage up top, layer a tee underneath. White is always a good option but grey would look cute with most of these as well. Something fitted but not too tight.
Here are some of my favourite strappy midi dresses for the hot summer months ahead.
1. Ruffled Eyelet White Midi. Zara.
This is probably not for every day errand running because while white is beautiful, it’s just not the most practical. But this would be beautiful for a date night. OR an afternoon party.
Continue reading “Summer Essential: The Strappy Midi (under $100)”
I am loving this seasons’ straw bags. The crossbody, the bucket bag, the tote, all the shapes and colours. So cute. I want them all. But since I can’t have them all, and really don’t need them all, I am sharing with you. Someone should have them.
Here are some of my favourite bags, all under $100.
Half Moon Crossbody. Banana Republic.
This one is a little more pricey, but Banana Republic does go on sale for 40% off, so keep an eye out.
Continue reading “The It Bag: The Straw Crossbody. And a Few Other Gems.”
The shirtdress has become a wardrobe staple for me. Not only is it comfortable and flattering but it’s a really versatile piece. And because of its versatility its also a great piece to pack. I have been trying to become a more efficient packer (still a work in progress) so I am always on the hunt for pieces that can be worn multiple ways. To say that I am overpacker is an understatement. Anyhow, back to the shirt dress….
Here are three different ways to style your shirtdress. Plus I have included some of my favourite spring shirtdresses if you are looking to add one to your wardrobe.
One: Add a Belt
I typically replace the self tie fabric belt that comes with the shirtdress with a belt I already have. I love the look of a chunky leather belt paired with neutral mules for a more casual look. And you can see how a simple belt switch changes the look – the red belt totally dresses it up especially if you add a pair of a heels.
Continue reading “Three Ways to Wear A Shirtdress”
The shirtdress is a wardrobe staple for me in the spring/summer. If I’m not wearing denim shorts on the weekend, you can find me in a shirtdress. It’s so easy to wear and it’s versatile. Sure you can wear it on its own, but you can also belt it, add a jacket or wear it open as a flowy layer.
Shop my favourite shirtdresses for spring/summer below. Most under $50 and a few under $100.
Continue reading “Shop Spring’s Cutest Shirtdresses”
My shoe wardrobe has really evolved in the last couple years. 4 inch heels used to be my normal but I just need more practical options these days. And these block heels are perfectly practical plus they are super cute. Also, they are only $45.
Click the image to shop or click here.
Here are a couple looks I put together for these shoes. All the items are under $50 and can be shopped online (free shipping with min spend and free returns).
Look 1: Dressed Up Denim
Not only does the low block heel make these shoes super wearable, but they are also really versatile. They are a little unexpected with denim but I love the look. They look great with a pair of distressed girlfriend jeans too.
1. Distressed Denim Cut-offs. American Eagle.
2. Black and White Bow Top. Zara.
3. Black Heart Sunnies. Aldo.
4. Half Moon Tote. Zara
5. Pointed Cap Toe Block Heels. Zara.
Look 2: Office Chic
These shoes make me miss my office job. And they are comfortable enough that you don’t need to take an extra pair of walking shoes with you in your handbag to do a lunch run. These shoes are sort of prim and proper so I like the rest of the outfit to be a little more edgy.
1. Paper Bag Waist Cropped Trousers. TopShop at The Bay.
2. Twist Detail Tee. Zara ($10)
3. Layered Necklace. Aldo (only $!5).
4. Raffia Crossbody Bag. Zara.
5. Pointed Cap Toe Block Heels. Zara.
I don’t usually get excited about bags to be honest. Or at least I haven’t in a few years. I think it’s because I got too caught up in being all practical – needing a bag to fit EVERYTHING I might possible need for myself and my kid. But this Spring there are just way too many cute bags to be practical.
All of a sudden I find myself obsessed with bags. Mini cross body, straw totes, geometric shapes, bright colours, pom poms, Love them all. However, they aren’t going to fit everything I may, or may not, need in a day. But I have decided that’s okay. I can stash a diaper bag in the car just in case and carry a super cute bag for myself.
Here are a few of my favourite bags right now. And as always they are pretty affordable, most of them are less than $50.
Continue reading “Spring Handbags Under $50”
What I love most about a Spring/Summer wardrobe is that I get to wear dresses. No pants, no tights – so comfortable. I just love bare legs. Mind you along with the comfort of bare legs comes shaving……. but it’s worth it. Especially when your hair is blond because you can totally get away with skipping a few days (at least I think no one notices).
I am sharing a few of my favourite Spring/Summer dresses from Zara and The Bay. I love shopping online at both these stores because shipping is free (if you spend over $50) and returns are simple.
Continue reading “Spring Dress Staples”