If you are looking to top up your little lady’s closet with a few more basics, then this post is for you. If you haven’t read my post about creating basics wardrobe your your little, then head here. But essentially its all about starting with basics that work together. Choosing a similar colour palette really helps with this. You can see the theme in Ruby’s closet is pink and grey with a little blue.
Here are the basics I have used in Ruby’s wardrobe. Most of these she has and wears but a few are look alikes (where noted) because sizes seem to sell out so fast at The Gap/Old Navy.
And if you need some basics for your little man, check out this post including 10 mix and match summer basics from Gap/OldNavy.
1. Dotted T-Shirt Dress. The Gap | This T-shirt dress is on sale for $10 right now. Yes its white and maybe not the most practical but it’s too cute. Plus there is nothing oxy-clean won’t get out.
2. Blue Ruffle Sleeve Tee. The Gap | I love ruffle sleeve tees, they add a little something extra to a basic tee and they look really cute under overalls.
3. Blue Stripe Bubble Shorts. The Gap. These are on sale for $12. We have these in a pink plaid and they fit really cute. Also its one of those piece that are wearable for daycare but can be dressed up for a visit with the grammies too.
4. Grey Ruffle Sleeve Tee With Wolf Graphic. The Gap | Love the little wolf graphic on this. Only $12 with 50% off discount.
5. Pink Ruffle Hem Shorts. The Gap | Love these too. We don’t have them yet, but they are in my shopping cart. And they are on sale for $13.
6. Green Peplum Tank. The Gap | Ruby has a few of these peplum shirts because they go with everything and they are on sale right now for $10. Comes in grey too. And they are grat through the Fall with a cardi.
7. Denim Cut-Offs. The Gap | We have these and they are a really nice stretchy denim, comfortable. I love to twin with Ruby in these and they are only $15 on sale right now.
8. Bunny Mesh Cap. Amazon.ca | This hat was a bit of a splurge for me at $20 but it’s so cute and Ruby wears it almost everyday. And it will definitely fit her for a few years.
9. Pom Pom Sandals. The Gap | On sale for only $15. Not for everyday wear but these are the cutest. Ruby also has a wide foot and these actually fit her.
10. Pink Chuck Taylors. Foot Locker | Ruby lives in these. They are great for playing, super cute and washable. If you sign up to VIP (email) at footlocker they will give you a $10 off coupon for a purchase of $50+.
11. Pink Denim Overalls. The Gap | These are under $20 with discount code. The straps aren’t adjustable so you will want to size up. Ruby usually a 2T and we ordered a 4T and they fit perfect.
12. Denim Overalls. The Gap | These are a classic and the straps are adjustable so these should fit for a couple seasons. I like to roll the cuff up on these and pair them with a girly ruffle sleeve tee. Around $20 with a discount code but there are only smaller sizes left.
13. Grey Peplum Tank. The Gap. On sale for only $7 and it comes in a few colours. I love grey because it works with everything, especially pink, there is alot of pink in Ruby’s closet.
14. Grey Dotted Tank. The Gap | I love this shape for a tank because it still covers her shoulders. And this is on sale for $8.
15. Coral Button Tie Tank. Old Navy | I love these little tie front tanks with a pair of cut-offs. It comes in a beautiful mint green as well.